Department of English
The Department of English is one of the oldest departments in the college. It was established along with the establishment of the college in the year 1968. The very first faculty appointed in the department was Prof. N. Suryanarayan. He was followed by Prof. M. P. Dube, Dr. Y. K. Patki and Prof K. B. Harne. The department offers undergraduate and postgraduate course. The department has established a language laboratory with the financial assistance of UGC. It also runs UGC sponsored Remedial Coaching Classes for ST, SC, OBC and Minority students. The department organized a State level workshop on Academic Writing. It has also introduced M. A. English from the academic year 2017-2018. Two faculty of the department have completed UGC financed Minor Research Projects. At present there are three full time faculty in the department.
Objectives of the Department
- To strengthen students’ ability in listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
- To enable students’ to read, comprehend and appreciate various forms of literature.
- To help students towards better pronunciation
- To motivate students to acquire the structure of English language
- To enable the learners’ community to develop their communicative skills
- To make familiar students with various trends and movements in literature
|01||Dr.V.J.Chavan||Head& Asst.Prof.||M.A.B.Ed.||View Profile|
|03||Mr.Y.D.Reddy||Asst.Prof.||M.A.M. Phil.||View Profile|
He is the Co-ordinator of Internal Quality Assurance Cell. He is pursuing research leading to
He works as a member of Internal Quality Assurance Cell. He has been sanctioned a Minor Research Project entitled ‘A study of Theme and Technique in the Novels of John Steinbeck’. He has participated in seven Seminars/Conferences and presented four papers in it. Besides, he has published three papers in Books
He has been working in the department since 2007. He has participated in one International and three National conferences. He is the member of the Editorial Board of the college magazine Navata.
Well Equipped Language Laboratory is available for student
Conference/ Seminars/Workshops organized by the department
The Department organized a State Level Workshop on Academic Writing on 28 January, 2017
Curricular /Extracurricular and Extension activities organized :-
- Test, Tutorial, Projects and Seminar.
- Essay Writing, Elocution, Debate, Just a Minute competitions
- Academic Talks
- English Literary Association
- V.J. Chavan has been awarded Ph.D. in English by Dr. B.A.M.U., Aurangabad.
- The faculty have published a good number of Research Papers in reputed national and international journals.
- Four former students of the department have qualified SET/NET exam
PAPERS PRESENTED IN SEMINARS/CONFERENCES
- Presented a paper entitled, “Use of ICT in Teaching Learning Process for Quality Education in Maharashtra” in a National Seminar organized by Shivaji College, Parbhani on 1-9-2017. (2017-2018).
- Presented a paper entitled, “Reflection of Gandhian Ideology in Raja Rao’s Kanthapura” in a National Conference organized by Yogeshwari College, Ambajogai on 24-25-6-2016. (2016-2017).
- Presented a paper entitled, “Enhancing Quality through Students’ Participation” in a National Seminar organized by Arts, Commerce and Science College, Kille-Dharur on 27-28 January, 2012.
- Presented a paper entitled, “Role of ICT for Quality Enhancement in HEI’S” in a National Seminar organized by Vasantrao Naik College, Aurangabad on 5-6 March, 2012.
- Presented a paper entitled, “Innovative Methods of Teaching English Language” in a National Seminar organized by Writing Today Literary Association, Aurangabad on 28 Sept, 2014.
- Presented a paper entitled, “Exploitation of Subalterns in Usha Ganguly’s Rudali” in a National Seminar organized by Arts Commerce and Science College, Gangakhed on 27 April, 2014.
- Presented a paper entitled, “Rushdie’s Treatment of Indian History in Midnight’s Children” in a National Seminar organized by P.A.H. College, Ranisavargaon on 18 March, 2013.
- Presented a paper entitled, “Waste Water Management in Urban Area” in a National Conference organized by Vaidyanath College, Parli-Vaijnath on 15-16 February, 2015.
- Presented a paper entitled, “Rushdie’s Treatment of Partition in Midnight’s Children” in a National Conference organized by S.P.G.P. College, Shirsala on 28 August, 2015.
- Presented a paper entitled, “Rushdie’s Treatment of Partition in Shame” in a National Conference organized by Arts, Commerce and Science College, Kille-Dharur on 4-5 Sept, 2015.
- Presented a paper entitled, “Theme of Racism in Maya Angelou’s I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings” in a National Conference organized by Arts, Commerce and Science College, Dharmapuri on 22 April, 2016.
PAPERS PUBLISHED IN CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
|Sr.No.||Title of the Proceeding||Title of the Paper||ISBN/ISSB||Level||Page No.||Year|
|01||New Trends in the Asian Literatures in English||Rushdie’s Treatment of Partition in Midnight’s Children||978-93-83871-81-0||National||159-169||2015-16|
|02||Perspectives on Contemporary Commonwealth writings||Rushdie’s Treatment of Partition in Shame||978-93-84593-90-2||National||236-249||2015|
|03||Reflection of the Changing Indian Society in Indian English Drama||Exploitation of Subalterns in Usha Ganguly’s Rudali||978-81-922966-8-5||National||56-61||2012-13|
|04||English Literature Language and Media||Reflection of Gandhian Ideology in Raja Rao’s Kanthapura||978-81-927612-6-8||National||127-131||2016-17|
|05||Water Management : The Need of Future||Waste Water Management in Urban Areas||978-93-84451-42-4||National||131-132||2014-15|
|06||Third National Banjara Professors’ Conference||Origin and History of Banjara Community||National|
|01||Essays on Modern Indian Drama||978-93-83871-05-6||2013-2014|
PAPERS PUBLISHED IN JOURNALS
|Sr.No.||Title of Journal||Title of Paper||ISSN/ISBN||Year|
|01||Indian Book Chronicle||Gopinath Mohanty’s Paraja: A Peep-Hole to Tribal Life in Orissa||0970-468||2012-2013|
|02||New International Reliable Research Journal||Presentation of Child Psyche in Tagore’s The Post Office||2320-9410||2013-2014|
|03||Thematics Journal of Indian Literature||Girish karnad’s Plays : Revisiting Indian Dramaturgy||2012-2013|
|04||International Referred e-Journal of English Language Literature and Criticism||Partition Fiction in English : An Overview|
|05||Vidyawarta International Multilingual Research Journal||Indian Fiction in English: An overview||23199318||2017-2018|
|06||Indian literature and Culture Today Vol. 5||Angelou’s Treatment of Racism in I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings||2395-3721||2017-2018|
|07||Research Journey Multidisciplinary International E-research journal||Folk Literature: At a Glance||2348-7143
PARTICIPATION IN REFRESHER/ORIENTATION/TRAINING PROGRAMS
|Sr.No.||Title of the Course||Organizer||Duration|
|01||Orientation Course||Dr.B.A.M.U. A’bad|
|02||Train the Trainer||Infosys Pune||4-6-12 to 14-6-2014|
|03||Refresher Course on Comparative Lit.||ASC, Chandigarh||25-3-14 to 14-4-14|
MAJOR/MINOR RESEARCH PROJECTS
|Sr.No.||Title of the Project||Sponsored by||Amount|
|01||Theme of Identity, Racism and Family in the Select Autobiographies of Maya Angelou||UGC-WRO, Pune||Rs. 70,000/|
PARTICIPATION IN SEMINAR/CONFERENCE/WORKSHOP
|01||Quality Enhancement in Higher Education||National Seminar||Arts, Commerce and Management Science College, Parli-Vaijnath
|02||Oral Traditions and Literature||National Seminar||New Arts, Commerce and Sci. College, Shevgaon||2013-14|
|03||Dialogue Across Languages : Theory and Practice of Translation||Regional Workshop||Dept. of English and Cultural Studies, P.U., Chandigarh||2013-14|
|04||Banjara Professors Conference||National Conference||NBPA, Nanded||2013-14|
|05||CBCS System in Higher Education||State Seminar||Yogeshwari College, Ambajogai||2014-15|
|06||Research Paper Writing||Regional Workshop||SRT College, Ambajogai and SPGP College, Sirsala||2015-16|
|07||Quality Enhancement Techniques||Regional Workshop||VCPV||2016-17|
|08||Research and Anti Plagiarism||Regional Workshop||Y.C. College, Ambajogai||2016-17|
|09||Revised Accreditation Process of NAAC||State Workshop||SRT, College, Ambajogai||2017-2018|
|10||National Seminar||Shivaji College, Parbhani||2017-18|
|11||Contemporary English Lit.||National Seminar||Vasant College, Kaij||2017-18|
Mr. N S Jadhav:
|:: Research Papers/ Conference Proceedings
|:: Paper Presented in Conference/Workshop/Symposium|