The department of sociology was started in June 1968. In the beginning, Shri M.S.Ardhapure was appointed as a Lecturer and Head of the department. Shri V.W.Deshmukh was appointed as lecturer in 1973. Shri M.S.Ardhapure served in the department from 1968 to 1997. Shri V.W.Deshmukh has been playing an active role in the department since his appointment. He was N.S.S. Programme officer for 13 years. He was a member of Management Council, Academic Council, Chairman of B.O.S. in Sociology, Grievance Committee at Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad. After the retirement Mr. M.S. Ardhapure Dr. R.D. Rathod was appointed as a Lecturer in the Department in 1997. Dr. V.W. Deshmukh served in the department from 1973 to 2010.After the retirement of Dr. V.W. Deshmukh Mr.R.D.Rathod has been designated as the Head of Department. Post Graduation in sociology is also offered at the college. Dr. R.D.Rathod is the strength of P.G.is quite satisfactory. The Dept. organized a National Level Seminar in 2017. Dr. R.D.Rathod has been nominated on Board of Studies of Dr.BAMU, Aurangabad in 2018.
|1||Dr. R.D. Rathod||Associate Professor & Head||M.A., M.Phil. NET, Ph.D.||Sociology||VIEW PROFILE|
Attended 24 conferences, 31 seminars, 16 workshops, one orientation, three refresher courses and one short term course. Presented 20 research papers in seminars and 16 research papers in conferences. Published 2 national and 19 international research papers in journals. Three articles published in the book. Ex. Member of LMC, Vaidyanath College, Parli Vaijnath. Worked as member Paper Setters committee, Moderator, Examiner, vigilance squad, seating squad for University exams (U.G. and P.G.) He is member of Board of Study in Sociology, Affiliation Committee and worked as subject expert for selection Committee constituted by Dr.B.A.M.U. Aurangabad. He works as a member of Internal Quality Assurance Cell. He has awarded M.Phil. Awarded in 2004 and Ph.D. in 2017 .Working on various committees at college level. He has been working as a co-ordinator for P.G. courses since 2011. Completed Minor Research Project sanctioned by U.G.C. entitled ‘A case study of martyr’s family in Beed district in 2013
Conferences/Seminars/Workshops organized by the Department:
National Seminar on 7th March 2017
Curricular/Extracurricular and Extension Activities Organized:
- Delivered Lecturer in Seminar at Navgan College. Parli Vaijnath
- Arranged Educational Tour per Year
- Worked as various committee- Paper Setter, Examiner, Custodian,
- Attended conferences, Seminars, Workshops.
- Organized Seminar for B.A.III Students.
- Value Added Course in Environment Pollution and Social Issues
Articles Published in various Books & Research Journals:
|Title with Page no.||Journal||
|Whether Peer Reviewed impact factor, if any|
|1||Beed Jilyatil Shahid Jawan- Ek Koutumbik Abhyas, Vol-X (1) pp 69-71. March-2011||National Journal Research Link-84||ISSN-0973-1628||Yes|
|2||Thermal Power Pollution in Parli Region, Vol-X (2) pp 26-28, April-2011||National Journal Research Link-85||ISSN-0973-1628||Yes|
|3||Vishesh Arthik Sketra : Ek Samajik Drushtiskep, Vol-II, Issue-20, pp 147-149, May 2011||International Journal Research Analysis and Evaluation||ISSN- 0975-3486||Yes|
|4||Jilla Laturme Sthit Shahid Jawanon ki Pariwarik Sthitiyonka Adhyayan, Vol.-II Issue-IV, pp 136-141, March-2012 to Aug. 2012||International Journal Universal Research Analysis||ISSN-2229-4406||Yes|
|5||Bhartatil Balkagarachi Wastvikata , Kayade ani Upai, pp 1-18 Sept. 2012||Grip-The Standard Research International Referred Online Research Journal||2278-8123||Yes|
Vichar o Wastvikata, Vol-I, Issue: II, Aug-2013
|International Research Journal – Indian Thinker||ISSN- 2320-6128||Yes|
|7||Jagtikikaran Prakiriya ani Bhartiya Sheti. Vol-IV, Issue-X, pp1-4.,Nov.2014||International Journal Indian Streams Research Journal||ISSN-2230-7850||2.1506|
|8||Shahid Jawanoki Pariwarik sthitiyoka Adhyayan. Vol-I, ISSUE-22, PP 11-16., Jan.2015||New International Reliable Research Journal||ISSN-2320-9410||—|
Mulya Shikshan ani Shikshan Vyavasthetil Parivartan
Vol.4,Issue 11, Sept.2015
|International Multilingual Research Journal-Vidyawarta||ISSN-2319-9318||Yes|
|10||Mahilao ki Sthitio me Sudhar awan Vikas, Vol.II, Issue-IV, PP13-18, Dec.2015||International Research Journal of Historicity||ISSN-2393-8900||0.4521|
Bhartiya Strijeevanache Badlate Swarup – Ek Samajshastriya Abhyas. Vol-VIII,
Issue-II, Page No. 52-55, Nov.2016 to Jan.2017
|International Journal of Universal Research Ground||ISSN-2395-0404||Yes|
Samajik Asamanata ani Stribhrunhatya
Vol.01, Issue-24 ,
Pp 138-141, Dec.2016
|International Research Journal of Printing Area||ISSN-2394-5303||Yes|
|13||A Social Problems, Exploitation, Issues and Challenges of Urban Women in Maharashtra State, India. Vol.III, Issue-XI, Nov.2016 PP- 1-5||Aayushi International Interdisciplinary Research Journal, Latur||ISSN 2349-638x||
|14||Shivdharma: A New Philosophy of Religion. Vol.05,No.11, Nov.2016||International Journal of Advanced Research in Management and Social Sciences||ISSN: 2278-6236||
Articles / Chapters published in book
|Title with Page no||Book title, Editor and Publisher||ISSN/
|Whether Peer Reviewed|
Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj: Social Reformaer,Leader and an Ideal Ruler, March 2017
Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj: Samajik Sudharna ani Sadyasthiti (Sociology)
Aruna Parkashan Latur
|2||A Current Situation & Changing Nature in Agricultural Industry in India: Issues and Solutions, March 2017,pp- 153-156||
Shivkalin Sheti, Jal Vyavasthapan ani Vartman Sandarbh. Dr.Rajesh Karpe,
National Workshop at. Dr.B.A.M.U,
|3||The Relevance of Gandhi’s Views on the Status of Women in India, Vol.3, Special Issue-1, March 2017,pp- 192-195||A Bimonthly Refereed International Journal of Chronic Humanities Cultural Studies||ISSN:2454-5503||
National Level Conference
- Participation and Present Paper in workshops, Seminars and conferences :
- State Level Conference 14th Marathi Samajshastra Parishad held on 21 & 22nd November 1999. At: – Mahatma Bashveshwar College, Latur
- Regional Level Seminar held on 28th January 2000. At: – Balbhim College, Beed.
- State Level Conference 15th Marathi Samajshastra Parishad held on 03 & 04 November 2001.At: – Deogiri College, Aurangabad.
- UGC-Sponsored State Level Seminar Held on 30&31st December 2001. At –Vasantrao Naik College, Aurangabad.
- National Level Conference XXVIII-All India Sociological Conference, Held from 18-20th December 2002. At:-Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur.
- Work-Shop of Sociology held on 10&11th October 2003.At:-Yashwantrao Chavan College, Ambajogai, Dist:-Beed.
- State Level Conference 16th Marathi Samajshastra Parishad held on 27 & 28 November 2003. At: – Badrinarayan Barwale College, Jalna.
- National Level Conference XXIX -All India Sociological Conference, Held from 21-23rd December, 2003. At:-Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, Udaipur, Presented the Paper in entitle “Anya Pichhari Jation Main Sudhar Aur Vikas: Maharashtra Rajya Ki Gatishilata”
- B.A.M.University & Mahatma Phule Pratishthan-Sponsored State Level Seminar held on 09&10th February 2004. At –Yashwantrao Chavan College, Ambajogai, Dist:-Beed.
- UGC-Sponsored State Level Seminar Held on 08&09th March 2004. At:- Deogiri College, Aurangabad.
- National Level Conference XXX -All India Sociological Conference, Held from 27-29th December 2004. At:-D.D.University, Gorakhpur.
- National Level Conference XXXI -All India Sociological Conference, Held from 25-27th October At:-University of Jammu. Jammu. Presented the Paper in entitled. “ Education and Modernization”
- UGC-Sponsored State Level Seminar Held on 11 & 12th March 2006. At: – Deogiri College, Aurangabad. Presented the Paper in entitled: “Value Education and Education System”
- State Level Conference Dr.B.A.M.U. & Mahatma Phule Pratishthan-Sponsored Satya Shodhak Perished, held on 23& 24th March 2006, At –Yashwantrao Chavan College, Ambajogai, Dist:-Beed.
- State Level Conference The Maharashtra of Anthropology Sciences, Pune, Sponsored Tribal Conference held on 27&28th May 2006 at: – Pune
- National Level Conference XXXII -All India Sociological Conference, held from 27-29th December 2006. At:-University of Madras, Chennai. (T.N.)
- UGC-Sponsored Two Day State Level Seminar on Sociology of Buddhism: A View of Life, on 10 & 11th February 2007, at S.R.T.Mahavidyalaya, Ambajogai.
- State Level seminar on “SOCIAL MOVEMENTS AND SOCIAL CHANGE IN MAHARASHTRA” Organized by the Department of Sociology, Dr.B.A.M.U. Aurangabad on 5th and 6th March 2007.
- UGC-Sponsored State Level Seminar held on 01 & 02th September 2007. At: – Deogiri College, Aurangabad. Presented the Paper in entitled: “Value Education and Education System”
- National Level Conference on “ Changing Rural Structure in India ” Organized by Dept.of Sociology, Dr.(Sau) I.B.P.Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Aurangabad on 1st & 2nd2007.
- National Level Conference XXXIII -All India Sociological Conference, held from 29-30th November & 01st 2007. At:-Karnataka University, Dharwad. (Karnataka)
- State Level Vishesh Shibir Organized by B.A.M.Univ. & Goutam Buddha’s Study Centre –At –Arts and Comm. Women’s College, Ambajogai, Dist: – Beed. On 24th December2007.
- State Level Conference 18th Marathi Samajshastra Parishad held on 05 & 06 February 2008. At:-Shahir Annabhau Sathe College, Mukhed, Dist: – Nanded. Presented the paper in Entitled “Consequence for SEZ”
- UGC-Sponsored, a Two-day State Level Conference on ‘NATION BUILDING AND NATIONAL IDENTITY’, held on 13-14th March, 2008. At: – R.B.Attal College, Georai, Dist:-Beed.
- National Level Conference XXIV-All India Sociological Conference, held from 27-29th October At:-University of Rajasthan, Jaipur (Raj.) Presented the Paper in entitled: “Socio-Economic radicalism of Chh. Rajarshri Shahu Maharaj”
- State Level Conference 19th Marathi Samajshastra Parishad held on 02 & 03 February 2009. At: – Deogiri College, Aurangabad, Presented the paper in entitled “ kkps lkekftd &lkad`rhd lanHkZ ”
- State Level Conference Marathwada Arthshastra Parishad Organized by Dept.of Economics at. Vaidyanath College, Parli Vaijnath Dist:-Beed on 14th & 15th February 2009.
- University Level Work-Shop of (New Syllabi) Sociology held on 30th November 2009. At:-Deogiri College,
- State Level Conference 20th Marathi Samajshastra Parishad held on 28 & 29 February 2010. At: – Barrister Balasaheb Khardekar Mahavidyalaya, Vegurala, Dist. Shindhudurag Presented the paper in entitled “A Social Problem-Nation and International Terrarium “
- State Level Work-Shop on Research Methodology and Technique held on 05th to 09th March 2010. At: – Matyodari College, Jalna.
- National Level Conference XXVI-All India Sociological Conference, held from 27-29th October At:-Ravenshaw University, Cuttack (Orissa.) Presented the Paper in entitled: “A Sociological Review: Thermal Power Pollution in and around Parli, Dist. Beed ”
- State Level Conference 21st Marathi Samajshastra Parishad held on 04&05 February 2011. At: – Shivraj Mahavidyalaya, Gadhhinglaj, Dist: Kolhapur, Presented the paper in Entitled “Jagtikikaran-Prakriya ani Maharashtratil sheti”
- G.C. Sponsored National Level Workshop on “Qualitative Research: Method, Data Collection & Analysis (I.D.)” held on 17th to 18th February 2011. At: – S.B.E.S. College, Aurangabad.
- National Level Conference XXXVII- All India Sociological Conference, Held from 11-13th December 2011. At Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Presented the Paper in entitled: “ Martyrs Families in Latur District –A Sociological Study”
- State Level Conference 22nd Marathi Samajshastra Parishad held on 05 &06 April 2012. At: – Walchand College of Arts and Science, Solapur, Dist: Solapur, Presented the paper in entitled “ lakeftd vlekurk vkf.k L=hHkzw.kgR;k”
- “Two Days Orientation and Training Programme for Staff on Inflibnet N-List E-Resource” Organized by Vaidyanath College Library and Information Center at Vaidyanath College Parli Vaijnath on 23-24 April 2012.
- National Level Conference XXXVIII- All India Sociological Conference, held from 27th -29th December 2012. At. Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur (Rajasthan). Presented the Paper in entitled: “ A Sociological Study of the Level of Educational Standard of the Son’s of Police ”
- Participation in Marathi Samajshastra Parishad’s, 23rd National Conference, held on 18 &19 January 2013. At: – Vivekanand College, Kolhapur, Dist: Kolhapur
- University Level Work-Shop of (New Syllabi) Sociology held on 31st August 2013. Organized by Dr.B.A.M.U. & Shri Sant Savta Mali Gramin Mahavidyalaya, Phulmbri, Dist: Aurangabad
- National Level Conference XXXIX- All India Sociological Conference, held from December 27, 28 and 29, 2013. At. Karnataka State Open University, Mysore (Karnataka). Presented the Paper in entitled: “ ‘kghn tokuksa dh ikfjokjhd fLFkrh;ks dk v/;;u ”
- National Level Conference XXXIX- All India Sociological Conference, held from December 27, 28 and 29, 2013. At. Karnataka State Open University, Mysore (Karnataka). Presented the Paper in entitled: “ Shivdharma Movement : A New Philosophy ”
- 24th National Conference of Marathi Samajshastra Parishad on 18-19 January 2014 At. Vivekanand Arts, Sardar Dalipsingh Commerce & Science College, Aurangabad. Presented the paper in entitled “ egkjk”Vªkrhy efgyk fgalsph l|%fLFkrh & ,d lekt;kkL=h; v/;;u”
- National Workshop on Research Methodology in Social Science on 19th April 2014. At. Maharashtra Udayagiri Mahavidyalaya Udgir, Dist. Latur (MS)
- National Seminar on Discourse of Indian Sociological Tinkers A Critical Review Organized by Mahatma Basweshwar College, Latur. Held on 19th -20th September 2014. Presented the paper in entitled “ MkW-th-,l-?kq;Zs ;kaps lekt’kkL=krhy ;ksxnku& ,d lekt;kkL=h; v/;;u”
- Regional Level Workshop on Human rights in India with special focus on Right to Livelihood on 10th December, 2014. Organized by Avishkar – The Research Club At. Manikchand Pahade Law College, Aurangabad.
- National Level Conference XL (40th) – All India Sociological Conference, held from November 29, 30 & December 01, 2014. At. Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith, Varanasi, India. Presented the Paper in entitled: “ A Comparative Study of War Widows : Pre and Post Kargil War ”
- One Day Workshop on Revised Syllabus B.A.S.Y. in the subject of Sociology on 20th January 2015. Organized by Arts Science and Commerce, College, Badnapur Dist: Jalna.
- One Day Workshop for Councilor on 26 March 2015. Organized by Divisional Center of YCMOU, Aurangabad.
- One Day Workshop on Revised Syllabus B.A.T.Y. in the subject of Sociology on 30th September 2015. Organized by the Department of Sociology, Vivekanand Arts, Sardar Dalipsingh Commerce & Science College, Aurangabad.
- One Day Workshop on Research Paper Writing held on 28th November 2015 Organized by IQAC – Swami Ramanand Teerth Mahavidyalaya Ambajogai & IQAC- Shri Panditguru Pardikar Mahavidyalaya Sirsala Dist: Beed.
- National Level Conference XXXXI (41st) – All India Sociological Conference, held from 27th -29th December, 2015. At. Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS) KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. Presented the Paper in entitled: “A Comparative Study of Widows and War Widows”
- National Seminar on Yashwantrao Chavan and Modern Maharashtra held from 12th – 14th March, 2016. Organized by Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nashik. Presented the Paper in entitled: “ vk/kqfud egkjk”Vªkps f’kYidkj &;’koarjko pOgk.k ”
- National Level Interdisciplinary Conference on Dalit Literature and Contemporary Society, on 22nd April 2016. At Late Shankarrao Gutte Gramin Arts, Commerce and Science College, Dharmapuri, Dist: Beed. Presented the Paper in entitled: “Dalit Literature and Contemporary Society”
- One Day Regional Level Interdisciplinary Workshop on Project Work Writing on 24th September, 2016. Jointly Organized by IQAC- Shri Panditguru Pardikar Mahavidyalaya, Sirsala and IQAC – Lokmanya Tilak Senior College, Wadwani, Dist; Beed.
- One Day Workshop on Quality Enhancement Techniques Related To NAAC on 24th November, 2016. Organized by IQAC- Vaidyanath College, Parli Vaijnath, Dist: Beed.
- National Level Conference XXXXII (42nd) – All India Sociological Conference, held from 27th -30th December, 2016. At. Tezpur University, Tezpur, Assam. Presented the Paper in entitled: “ A Sociological Study of Police Women in Parli Vaijnath Region District Beed ”
- Participation in Two Days State Level Seminar on “Doing Sociology: Contemporary Strategies for Teaching & Research” held from 20th & 21st January, 2017. Organized by Department of Sociology, Dr.B.A.M.University, Aurangabad.
- National Seminar on Social Reform and Present Status of Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj, Organized by Department of Sociology and History, Vaidyanath College, Parli Vaijnath, Dist: Beed. Presented the Paper in entitled: “Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj: Reformer Leader and an Ideal Ruler”
- National Interdisciplinary Multi Lingual Seminar on “Women Safety: Challenges and Remedies” Jointly Organized by Late Ramesh Warpudkar Arts, Comm. & Science College, Sonpeth. Dist: Parbhani and Shri Panditguru Pardikar Mahavidyalaya, Sirsala, Dist: Beed on 22 July 2017. Presented the Paper in entitled: “A Review: Examines & Synthesizes on Indian Domestic Violence”.
- UGC- Sponsored One Day Workshop on ‘Revised Accreditation Framework of NACC’ organized by IQAC- Swami Ramanand Teerth Mahavidyalaya, Ambajogai, Dist: Beed on 9th September 2017.